Woke up this morning to snow on the ground below. More than a dusting this time, but we had been warned it was coming, so I planned accordingly and decided I would leave a little early for work just in case there were problems on the train into Richmond. But a little while before I left there was a major whiteout happening outside. Yes, I could barely see the building across the road, there was so much snow falling. Fortunately by the time I actually left, it had eased up a bit and just had to deal with the wind blowing snow into my face. I ended up walking halfway to the train, and then caught a bus the rest of the way just to get out of the elements. When I got to work in Richmond, it looked like they had almost no snow at all. Guess they finally got their predictions right this time when they said that the weather would be occurring in localized areas throughout the day.
Nothing exciting happened at work today. It was a typical Monday. Busy, but not more than usual. The day was pretty much an eventless one, and that's about it. No, really. Came home and had dinner, watched a bit of TV, and talked about our upcoming holidays. Not the round the world trip this time, but rather next months. Seems someone at my partners work wants him to move his holidays that he booked for next month (to match mine). Everyone that books vacation within his group were done, but this one person has now decided she wants his week next month and had even wanted his time when we have already booked our trip. Tried laying the guilt trip on him that she would have to miss her cousins wedding because of the latter one, and has something planned already with her family on the earlier date. I guess my first question would be, 'If these dates were so important, why did you not say something when I sent out the email last October letting everyone know when I need my vacation?' Why wait until 3 months have passed and it's less than a month away to the first vacation date. Some people are very inconsiderate and clearly have a self centred interest, not caring about others.
We'll see what is available for the rest of the year, something that this other person does not have another 'family event' to attend, and then I will try to move some vacation to match that. It's very frustrating when you have to plan so far ahead, and you take the time to balance your vacation throughout the year, and then someone with only a self interest goes and messes things up. Hopefully I will be able to get something, but of course there is never a guarantee, as it is difficult to get time switched when you have vacation allotments planned and booked the year before by a group of 600+ people.
And now that I've got myself upset, it's time to go to bed and fret myself to sleep. I want to head to the gym in the morning, as I have been feeling much better today. Let's see what tomorrow brings and hopefully it will be good.
No comments:
Post a Comment