Sunday, January 29, 2012

Amazing friends

Wow! I can't believe that January is almost over already. How time flies. Today started early, as usual. A couple of hours at home, relaxing over a cup of coffee (or three), then it was off to meet my friend, Rand down at English Bay for another coffee. The walk down was nice. The rain hadn't really started yet, except for a few misty drops for the first block, then nothing. I got to the coffee shop and saw not only my friend Rand, but another friend of ours, Starr, who always brightens my day when I see her.

Starr came to be my friend when she first moved here a few years ago from her home in New Brunswick. She had one son out here and decided that Vancouver would be the place for her to live out her retirement (when she finally retired). She's an amazing lady. Always happy and living life to it's fullest. I am always amazed by everything she has done and continues to do. Running alongside her sister during the Olympic torch run in her home town, then attending the 2010 Olympic opening ceremonies and a number of hockey games and other events. Walking the red carpet at the Juno's. I don't think I can count the concerts and other shows she's been too. She will always be a good friend of mine.

Since I had an early coffee date, George and I went to breakfast before I headed over to the gym. It was really busy today. I dropped in just before lunch time, and barely found an elliptical machine to start my cardio on. The usual floor I go on was full, so I went upstairs where there are about 2 dozen more machines, and I was able to find 2 empty ones, so I quickly hopped on one. I thought by now that the 'New Years Resolution' crowd would have thinned out, but I guess not. It will be interesting to see how busy it is tomorrow afternoon when I go after work.

We were supposed to see a movie today, but George felt his cough was still a little rough to be going to a show. I was fine with that. Not that I didn't want to go, but it is nice to just relax at home on the weekends sometimes catching up on shows recorded on the PVR. We had a great dinner at home tonight. A couple of huge, moist, chicken breasts that we backed in the oven, a pot of steamed carrots from the market, and some brown basmati rice (much better than white). Even though there was so much food, we didn't have any leftovers. Good thing too. George needed to eat more as he hadn't been eating a lot while he was sick, and I've never been big on leftovers, so if it's eaten up at dinner time, I don't have to worry about it during the rest of the week.

Next week is another early week, then I go back to 2 weeks of later starts. The girl I've been trading with will be on vacation, so I will be working my own shift. That's all right too. A little variety is ok, just so long as it's not to drastic a change and not permanent late starts.

Since it's the end of the weekend for me, and I have to get up early, I'm going to call it a night. Need to get a little more sleep tonight so I'm fresh to start the day tomorrow. They say it's going to be raining most of the day, but as I said the other day, that doesn't bother me. I much prefer it to the snow and cold. So on that note, I bid you all a good nights sleep, and will be back tomorrow for another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment