Some times what one intends to do doesn't always turn out the way we planned. I had thought I would be going to the gym this morning, but after I woke up, I was really tired and just couldn't get up the energy to head out to do a workout. So decided that I would just take it easy once again and head out for breakfast at our usual haunt. Then after, we would head downtown to check out some white sales. Well, let me tell you, I got outside, and with the breeze blowing in, I decided that I would be going as far as breakfast and then back home where it was nice and toasty. Plus with the attempt at snow we had near the water (inland had a good dumping of snow), I just didn't want to spend any more time outside than I had to. So that was the start of the day.
While I was at home doing some work on the laptop (actually getting iCloud set up), the sun decided to come out and shine with a vengeance! My partner was heading downtown for some photo editing classes, and I was planning to hang out at home, and maybe have a nap, as the sun was a little misleading shining brightly in the sky, as it was still darn cold out. Well, remember what I said about plans? Yeah. I got a message from a friend who was heading to work, but not till later, and he wanted to know if I would like to meet for a coffee or tea. As I hadn't seen him in a while and I had a couple hours where I really hadn't planned anything other than nap, I thought why not.
Well, we had a nice visit. Talked a little about traveling and a little about our respective jobs. He's originally from the UK, so it's always nice to hear about what things are like there outside of London. We often think of how expensive it is there, but experience has taught me that it can be very inexpensive to shop there, but living is a whole other ball game. The cost of housing in London proper is near the point of ridiculous. I have no idea how people who work in the city are able to afford to live in the city unless they are living in a shoebox. I thought Vancouver housing was bad, but it is much more expensive over there. Well, my friend told me that in the town he was from, you could get 3 bedroom terrace housing for costs that are truly very affordable. One has to realize that the conveniences of the city are not necessarily as available in a small town, but it certainly is something I found interesting.
After coffee, I was heading home, and planned to meet my partner to get some fresh vegetables for making homemade soup tonight. Well, as I'm texting him on the way home, he replies that he is already on his way to the market. So I turn around and meet him and we pick up the fixings for dinner. I'm more inclined to do the prep work (sous chef), prepping and chopping vegetables, while he tends to do more of the putting everything together. Works well for us so we'll continue with it. Anyway, we ended up with a beautiful, vegetable laden soup. Loved it, and lots of leftovers.
A little relax time at home this evening trying to catch up on all the stuff on the PVR and now it's getting close to bedtime. I DO want to go to the gym in the morning, and in order to make that happen, I have to be more proactive about it. So on that note, I'm signing off until tomorrow. Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment