What a beautiful morning for a walk to the train. There was a hint of a raindrop or two, but other than that, the 6c temperature outside this morning was great for walking to the train. To my surprise, as well, there were free newspapers at the trains station again. Yes, both the Vancouver Sun and the Province were being handed out again. This started about 6 months before the Olympics were held, and seem to run throughout the year except for summertime and the Christmas period. Also not on the weekends. I'm not sure what the newspapers are really gaining from this. I mean, I cancelled daily delivery, not because I was getting free papers, but because all the news is old by the time it's in print. With the internet so readily available, both at home and on smartphones, it's easy to keep informed. Not to mention twitter and the various apps that are out there with news updates. Anyway, it was still nice to see the papers there again. At least I'll get my fill of crosswords during the week.
Work was nothing unusual today. It's becoming a 'same old, same old' type thing. Seems more and more people are talking about 'when I retire', but no one's doing anything about it. I'm almost counting the days until I can retire and trying to find a way to move that closer. Sadly it is still just over 11 years away. But let it be known that short of doing a ton of overtime, I'll try to speed that up.
Dropped into the gym after work today. Got onto the elliptical on my preferred floor today. I thought I was doing well by setting the machine at level 16 or 17, until I saw the guy next to me doing a consistent level 25 and at a steady pace. I'm impressed. I now have a new goal to reach since I watched him doing that for over half an hour and he was still going strong and steady.
Tonight was the night to buy our BC Children's Home Lottery tickets. There is a choice of 5 grand prizes this time. Four different homes or a lump sum cash prize. They even have a special early bird draw for a condo, not to mention all the other early bird prizes. Sure would be nice to win one of them. We haven't had any luck so far, but even though we haven't won, we know that the money is going to a worthy organization, the BC Children's Hospital. A very worthy and deserving organization. But I'll still be hoping, just not sure which one we will pick when we win.
It looks like the rain finally started. No worries though. Weather forecast is only for a couple days at the most, and then it looks like partly sun to full sun the rest of the week and into next week. Going up to those double digits by the weekend. And now it's time to prep myself for tomorrow and get my clothes ready. Then it's bedtime and get a good nights sleep so that I can get through the day tomorrow. Until then, have a great nights sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment