Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Outflow, Trains, and Packages

Surprise! Today's cold weather is being brought to you by an Arctic outflow.  Again, not the frigid temperatures of the north or those of the prairie provinces this week, but bone-chilling none the less. Trains were having trouble this morning on my route, so I thought it best to leave early for work, just to make sure I get there on time. Well luck was on my side. By the time I got to train, it was actually people waiting to go to central Richmond who were waiting. My train was there within a couple minutes, and it ran smoothly all the way. Got to work an hour early. At least I was able to relax and read a bit while I enjoyed a hot bowl of chicken mulligatawny soup.

The work day proved to be pretty mundane. Nothing to write about. Another regular day. The commute home had the train leaving a little earlier than normal, but fortunately I was at the stop on time to catch it. It did move slowly on the above ground track areas, but once we hit the underground, it moved much quicker. I made it downtown only a couple of minutes later than normal. Started the walk home, and as long as I was out of the wind (which was most of the way), it didn't feel that bad. But when there was wind, brrrrrrrr!

Tomorrow is going to be another gym morning I think. Need to get this body going and warmed up for the cold temperatures. I also plan to drop off the delivery notice I got from Canada Post about a package for someone we don't know, but apparently uses our address. Maybe they can track him down by the postal code in our building. I'm sure that there is someone at Canada Post who can correct this without sending it back to the original sender.

And on that last note, it's bedtime. Been a long day, and still two more days to go before weekend. I can't wait! Night, night!

No comments:

Post a Comment