All right, both of us we not feeling great this morning. My partner decided to stay home from work while I decided to go in and see how things went. If it didn't go well, I could always go home sick but was pretty sure I would make it through the day.
One of the ladies in my department had gone to Australia during the holidays and because of this, we missed celebrating her birthday, so we did so today with a wonderful chinese fruit cake. She was surprised by this, as she thought that since she was gone, nothing would happen. That was part of the surprise for her. Other than that, work was a very quiet day, busy with stuff to do, but that was pretty much it, lots of work, so not a lot of time for other things.
As we were both sick today, we decided on Thai take away for dinner. We have a regular place (is that a surprise), that we like to frequent where the owner and her staff all know us and greet us with a smile every time. We even got one on the weekend as they spotted us at a bus stop when they were stopped at a red light, rolled down the window and waved and said hello. I often think that when you treat business well and they get to know you and the way you behave, they will be kind in return. It is a two way street, and a little kindness can certainly go a long way.
I am hoping that I will only have to deal with this cold for another day and by Thursday, I can head to the gym again. I hear it has been busy this week with all the 'New Years Resolution people' joining the fold in great fervour to shed those extra pounds and drop those waistlines. Well, we all want that, but I don't think we should choose to do that only when a new year rolls around. It has to be more of a commitment on a year round basis. Making it a lifestyle choice. We get to journey through our lifetime only once, so how we choose to treat ourselves helps guide that journey. I'm hoping to make it a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment