Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mornings and Payroll

Well, made it to the gym today. A little behind schedule, but got there none the less. It was a cool walk this morning. Temperature was down to -7c and us west coasters, as I mentioned a while back, just can't handle those negative numbers very well. Didn't get much time for a workout before I had to head for a quick steam to loosen up and warm myself up. Was really hot in there today. When it was time to go, had my shower and went to go get dressed. For some reason, even with constant drying, I just couldn't seem to shake off a wet feeling. Looking down at the floor in the change rooms, I could see that it looked like the tiles were sweating, it was so warm. Overheard someone else complaining about the super high humidity in there today. I guess there must have been some problems today, as there was no way I was gong to be dry enough to put back all the layers of clothing I had on again without getting soaking wet from sweating. I left 2 layers off and finally started the walk back home. Had to even dry my brow a couple times as I was leaving the Y as it was so humid in there. Hope I will be able to deal with all the humidity when I'm in Thailand later this year.

Work was another non-event day. Busy, but productive. I'm going to be working an early day tomorrow, as one of my co-workers wanted to trade their early for my late morning. No problem. I'll almost always take earlier shifts. Also looks like my old regular trader is back in business and looking to trade all her early mornings for my late morning shift. She didn't have to ask twice about that one. So it looks like things will get back to a little more normal at home for the next couple of weeks anyway. Other than vacation times, it looks to likely continue until mid April, when we have a new shift bid. With any luck, I'll get my own early shift by then.

This evening was spent trying to understand what our new payroll company has done with my banked time. Somehow they are missing 4 hours that are clearly showing in the payroll system, but for some reason shows up on my pay stub incorrectly. I don't know how they can mess this up so early into their new role at our company, but nothing there seems to amaze me any more. We're always told we get the best but I often wonder by who's rating. Is it a choice of quality or a merely a choice of who can get the job done sufficient enough to pass most of the time at the lowest price. We'll see what sort of answer comes out of my email to them. Hopefully things will be corrected quickly, with a proper explanation as to how and why the issue occurred.

So now, that's it for the night. Time for bed. Need to get up a little earlier tomorrow for that shift. Plus I have to get used to it again. Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment