Where do I start today. Well, it is now the last day of January and only eleven more months to go until the new year begins, or as my friend Derek would say, 'there are only 328 days until Christmas'. Not that I'm counting until that day. I'm more interested in the 514 days until I reach my 25th anniversary at work. Why am I counting that? I already have my travel benefits for life. It's the day I become officially 'retired' in the eyes of the airline, and I regain certain travel privileges again. I'm not certain anymore why this is so important. I tend to do most of my travel confirmed now. Either buying tickets, or using points to book a confirmed seat. Much less stress that way. But I'm still looking forward to the 25 years.
Not much to report on the work front, mind you I do have to be aware of what I would discuss about work here, as I do have to beware of potential privacy breaches. Not that I would mention any specifics, but even the privacy of certain situations or events have to be taken into account to. So for that reason, I will likely talk only about things in a very general sense when I do. But who knows, when I do find something I can talk about, it may be very entertaining.
I picked up a tax program after work today. It makes doing our taxes so simple and pleasant to do. What I do find annoying though, is that the tax program I have been using for a few years now, only offers a CD for Windows based computers. That's why I spent so much time updating my old laptop on the weekend, just so I could use the tax program. When I contacted UFile, they said that if I wanted to do my taxes on a Mac, I would have to do it online at their website. Not too keen about that. May consider it in the future, but right now I want to have my tax information on my desktop only.
I'm working late tomorrow. The girl I trade with needed her early shift so she could get some banking done after work and wanted to know if I could trade back. Since I had nothing on my schedule, and I am very appreciative of the fact she has been trading shifts with me, I didn't mind at all. Just means I'll be doing an early gym day tomorrow. Will have to be on the upper floor, but I'm sure it will be fine. Those New Years Resolution people have got to start thinning out soon. It also means a little extra sleep for me tonight which is also a good thing.
I'm also having to decide if I want to catch 'Dine Out Vancouver' this weekend or not. Friends have a reservation at a restaurant in Yaletown for us, but I'm not sure how keen I am on the restaurant. It's ok, but that's all I see with it so far. I'll decide in the next day or two if it's a go or not.
Now, it's time to get to bed. Gym time in the morning and I want to be energetic when I go there. Have a good evening and talk to you again next month.
No comments:
Post a Comment