Friday, January 27, 2012

Someone's Going To Go Postal

Friday! Always look forward to it, cause it means the weekend is here and I get time off. Well, so to speak. Still lots of stuff to do on the weekends, but it is stuff by my choosing. Work turned out to be OK today. Nothing special, but it was all right. Although when three o'clock rolled around, it was a rush out to the train for the ride home.

Why is the train busier at that time of day on Fridays than it is the rest of the week? It's a pattern I've noticed over time. I would expect that the evenings would be busy, but mid afternoon is strange. I got to Yaletown station just in time to catch the bus home. Of course, like the train, the roads were busy. Everyone seemed to be out in their vehicles today and none of them knowing how to drive. Well, it was probably the people crossing the streets where vehicles wanted to turn. They didn't seem in any rush to get across the road, and to lift their heads up from their smart phones would have been a crime. One of these days I think drivers are going to rebel. It's been building for a while from what I see. Drivers, cyclists and now pedestrians. Everyone wanting to go at their own pace, when and where they want, and it doesn't matter if they infringe on anyone else's space. There was even a bit of a chaotic lineup at the drugstore. Long, slow moving line, but people coming from different directions and trying to form the line from whatever way they came from, essentially trying to make split lines merging into one. It didn't help that the person in the motor-cart was smack dab in the middle, but not heading into line. Rather just sitting there, looking at the stuff they had in their buggy and facing the wrong way. Not moving so that people could line up properly. Sigh....

George was still sick at home. His cough can get downright nasty when it happens. I'm thinking that the plan to see a movie tomorrow may be a 'no go' unless his cough subsides dramatically. We'll see how he is during breakfast and after when he goes to get his haircut.

I've been tired all day. I think I need an early bed night, or at least a bit of a sleep in. It can't be too long though. I do want to go to the gym before breakfast and have a good workout. I finally feel well enough to do a good cardio without worrying about starting up a nasty cough. A few weights wouldn't hurt either, as last weekend I was a little weak when doing them last weekend, so didn't do as much as I normally would.

So on that note, it's another short one. Hope everyone has a great night and report back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment