Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mixed up day

Well today didn't turn out quite like I thought. Woke up far too early, but that was OK. I just turned on the coffee pot early and thought I would get an early start to the gym. My sore throat and the odd cough was telling me something a little different though. I thought I would persevere and at least do a little workout at the gym, but when I got there, I really didn't feel like doing a lot, so I just took it easy, and relaxed with a nice hot steam. It did seem to help, but I was still feeling a little bit of 'something' after I got home. Never the less, I did go into work and had a nice bowl of chicken mulligatawny soup before I started.

Ever have one of those days when you forget that your duties include doing the easy stuff so you are available if someone needs you for the hard stuff...and forget and do it the other way around? That was pretty much my day. Besides still feeling a little 'logy' throughout most of my shift, I just couldn't seem to set into a pattern at work. Also got asked to participate in a conference call at 1800 PST for about a hour. Turned out to only be 25 minutes to get everything done. Well at least that part went easy.

Now, tonight, I'm up later than I wanted to be. Have an early appointment in the morning before work, so should be in bed. At least it's Friday, and I should be able to pick up my new computer carry bag at the postal outlet. Had to have it shipped from Edmonton as the one I originally bought here was damaged, and there were no other ones anywhere in the lower mainland. Lucky for me my partner took care of getting that set up earlier this week while I was at work. My shift did not coincide with the store hours until the weekend and I preferred not to wait in case another was not available.

I also hope that I feel better in the morning. Nothing like getting sick just in time for the weekend. But in the end, what will be, will be (que sera, sera). So, on that note, good night. Chat with you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment