Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Planning begins

First gym morning of the year. Popped in for a little cardio this morning at the YMCA. Expected to see it busy with a lot of new faces starting out their New Years Resolutions. Surprise! Not as many newbies as I thought. I got onto the elliptical right away, and did my cardio to start the day off before heading out to work.

We had been looking at possible places to stay on our trip through Phuket later this year. I asked an old roommate of mine for some information about the area, as he travels to Thailand regularly for vacation. He gave me some idea of how the area is laid out, and suggestions for hotels and where to stay. We were first looking at the Patang area, and thought we had found a couple of nice possibilities, but after talking to other people (and re-reading the email he sent me), we think we'll look more in the Kata or Karon area. I always find that heading to new places and trying to find out where to go, how to get there and what to do is challenging, especially when you are used to having certain amenities and things available to you whenever you want or need them.

I'm sure we will find something that works out well for us and if not, we'll learn from the experience. We also have to start the planning for Prague as well. It will present another challenge, but I find that I feel more comfortable dealing in the western world. Not that one is better than the other, it's rather that they present different challenges, and I am more used to those in the western world. It will take us a bit of time to sort everything out, but that is just part of the journey.

1 comment: