Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tales of Wine and Soup

Oi, I think I had one too many glasses of wine at Andy's birthday party last night. Or, it could have been the champagne. I know it wasn't the raw oysters (my first ever) or the duck confit (another first). No, it was definitely the alcohol. Fortunately, it was only a mild headache, one that a cup of coffee or two cleared up.

We decided to postpone the gym until the afternoon and do an early breakfast at Joe's and then get our trip in to Costco before the heavy wind and rain started. Didn't want to be carrying home bags of groceries in the nasty weather. Well, we almost made it. On our transfer from train to bus, we caught a good dump of rain. Then again from the bus stop to home. Ah, but it's just a little water. Nothing to get upset about.

So the plan was to watch the news, pick up some fresh vegetables for soup at the market, do the dishes and head to the gym, do some cleaning, and prep the veggies for the soup...in no particular order. Got everything done by 1700, except the gym. Well, I didn't really want to go out again any further than the market, and I was tired, so I've postponed the gym until tomorrow after work

So George's friend and ex-roommate, Matthew, came over about an mid afternoon, as we had invited him over to have dinner with us and hear about his time in Puerto Vallarta. He had taken the train in from Coquitlam and walked from the train station. By the time he got here, he was soaked from the rain. I'm definitely glad I didn't go out again. Anyway, we heard a few of his stories about his time in one of our favourite getaway cities. It was a whole different experience, as he was not staying at the all-inclusive resorts that we are used to when we go there. Scorpions, spiders and boa constrictors are not something I want to run into when I'm down there. So while he regaled us with his stories, I chopped vegetables, and George made the soup. It turned out great, as usual.

A little more visiting after dinner, and Matthew decided it was time for the trek back to Coquitlam. That gave me a little time to do some more updating on my laptop. Checking my old bookmarks from the desktop brought me to a great site where I got absorbed reading about Thai Airways and their first class service and a couple of the lounges/spas we will be visiting later this year. I'm really looking forward to it the more I read about it. It even appears that our flight between Munich and Bangkok will be the first class suites and not just the seats. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope that they don't have any last minute aircraft swaps. Researching our trip is going to keep us busy I think. We'll have to start soon with booking our hotels. Just have to find the right place and make sure it is convenient enough to be within easy access to get to the places we want to see.

So on that note, I'm going to have to pack up the laptop and get ready for bed. Early morning tomorrow and I want to be able to make it through the day and get to the gym after work. No excuses. Until tomorrow, have a great nights rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment