Oh yes, it was an early day today. Given the fact that I haven't worked early mornings for a while, and with the weather reports saying it was going to be an ugly morning with freezing rain, I thought it would be a good idea to get up around 0330, and be out the door by 0500. I like to have time to have my coffee, catch up on email and news and have a bit of wake up time before I start my day. Lunch is always made the day of work, not the night before, so I need a few minutes for that as well as the basic morning preparations to go out and face the world. My timing was good for everything, including making a tea to take with me since Starbucks wouldn't be open that early, and I did not want to walk all the way to Blenz on Robson.
I managed to leave on schedule and went outside to face the elements. There was no rain or snow yet in my neighbourhood. Too cold for rain, and it looked like it had snowed earlier. The sidewalks were covered, and I could see the tracks in the bike lanes where some crazy people had ridden their bikes a little earlier. I even met one going up the hill near the train station. I guess the snow covered roads didn't bother him. At least he was wearing a helmet. I got to the train station and waited just a couple minutes before my ride showed up. The 20 minute ride to work went without a hitch. No sign of rain once we moved above ground, and just a hint of a mist once I got off the train. Early...real early to work! Well, as I always say, better early than late. I did hear of some people that hit freezing rain on their way in and had to pull over on the side of the road until it passed. Glad it didn't affect my journey.
Had a good day at work. No one in my row until 1100, so it was a quiet start to my day. The great thing about it was being off early again, and on a Friday to boot. Not that I was needing to get off early to get ready for a big night on the town. No, that's not me anymore. It's just nice to come home after work and relax a bit before dinnertime. And that's what I did, until it was time to do the dishes that I had let sit. No problem there though. Fifteen minutes and they were done.
George came home from work and we both relaxed a bit until the chicken finished thawing, then started getting dinner ready. I like it when we are able to share the responsibility of preparing dinner. It makes it go much easier when we both do a little of the prep each. After dinner, spent the evening catching up on some PVR shows and now it's time for bed. Have to be up early for laundry in the morning and then it's off to they gym and breakfast. Routines...gotta love them. But that will be for another day.
Until then...have a great nights' sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment