Well, here it is. I had to wait until Friday to write this. Not because it was a super exciting day yesterday, but rather I ran out of time. I'm obviously going to have to work on my time management skills so that I ensure I have time to write this on the day it occurs as I'm worried if I keep leaving it, I'll start slacking and not write at all. That is not what I want to do. The intent of this blog is to do a day to day update of what goes on in my day or what I may be thinking about at the time (that's when rambling sometimes starts).
So, getting back to the day. It was back to work after a day and a bit of being sick. Pretty uneventful. Two of my coworkers had apparently been sick yesterday as well, and one who was scheduled today did not show up as she was still sick. It seems our area of the office is just passing the nasty cold around. This is what happens when you work in this type of environment. Lots of people, closely seated around each other, limited paid sick days per year. It causes people to not want to book off work (at least in my view), as we worry about what if we get something worse and have to take more time off. We're not getting younger and our health becomes all the more important to take care of. Exercise and eating correctly can only do so much. People have to watch their stress levels as my belief is that this is one of the biggest causes of health issues. Getting stressed not only weakens the immune system, but makes people forget about what they really need to take care of, allowing the body to break down easier as no one is watching it closely. I'm glad I learned to handle most stresses at an early age. I know that when I was in the hospital, if I didn't have good control of my stress levels, things probably would have not been so easy to get through. Even as the end of my time there was coming, I noticed that some stresses were creeping in, and in recollection, I saw what happened, and it was not fun for me or for those around me, especially George. Will have to keep that in mind if something ever occurs again (knock on wood it doesn't).
Moving on, since the new shifts were available to view, we decided to build the virtual shift bid based on what we knew people had requested (or rumour to what they requested) for shifts and/or what history showed they chose before. Based on my slotting, number 36 of 55 permanent people in my department, I may actually get something better than what I had. I don't want to jinx myself, so I'm not going to discuss the detail until the bid is done next week, but I certainly hope for both mine and George's sake that it works out.
George was making dinner for us when I came home, so after dinner we caught a bit of TV, I went through my email and various blogs I regularly read, and then it was time for bed. George had to get up early today as he was helping to cook breakfast for the staff at his work. So it was an early bedtime and we'll both be doing the Friday dance soon. So until then, have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment