Not much happened today except for the crazy weather again. It was freaking cold when I went to work this morning, and there were again reports of snow in various parts of the metro Vancouver area. I never encountered any luckily, but it certainly felt like it could at any moment.
I was glad my day today was an early day. Got to come home and relax this evening after dinner for a while rather than just get ready for bed (but I'm going to do that shortly now too).
I received an email from my cousin Gales' daughter, April, who I have not met yet. She has been living in Victoria for some time now but our paths have not crossed. We're setting up a meeting for tea next month when she is in town and will finally meet then. It reminds me of how I first met with her sister, Elyse, who also met me by our own initiative of getting together for coffee a few years ago. Although I don't keep in as much a contact with my relatives as some people do, it does not stop me from thinking of them. I've been this way for many years. Not sure why I am, but I think a lot of it has to do with some of the things I've gone through in life. In the past I've kept a lot of things bottled up to be dealt with by myself when the time was right and I could deal with it in a healthy manner. I didn't want to burden others with things that were on my mind because I had discovered what it was like to deal with other peoples things and it was not an easy job. I certainly would try though, as I did not want to see others go through any pains that may have arisen, but at the same time, I would put my stuff aside to be dealt with later. When that time finally came, it became a full time job for me, and at times, it still can be. I know by recognizing this, it is also a big step for me to open myself up more and deal with others now that my personal stuff is becoming easier to handle.
I know that sounds like a lot of mumbo jumbo, but to me it makes sense. I also prefer to deal with my own issues and only look for help from others when I find myself reaching a stumbling block that I need a little push to get over. I do find it, and as I mentioned it is becoming a lot easier.
And now, I'm going to stop that jabber and get myself ready for bed. Gym time in the morning and I don't want to sleep in or be tired when I get there. I have goals and I have to focus on that right now. Until tomorrow, good night to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment