Saturday. It always starts early as it has become our regular laundry morning. Working weekdays, it's generally easier to get to the washers and dryers in the early morning when most people are still in bed. It's a small price to pay to be able to do all the weeks laundry in one shot, without having to spend hours trying to get it done.
Usually the after laundry plans are to head to the gym and then out for breakfast. This morning was no different...for George. I had to meet my friend Rand for coffee down at English Bay, and then I would go and meet George for breakfast. That, of course, would mean that I would be going to the gym later in the day. So, that is what I did. After the lunchtime news, I headed off to the gym while George went downtown for a bit of shopping. I thought that since it was such a pleasant and sunny day out the gym would be quiet, as everyone would be outside. Well, everyone was outside, except for all the people inside at the gym. It was a lot busier than I thought. I guess the people there had the same idea as me, and just thought it wouldn't be busy. Ah well, got a bit of a workout done anyway.
After the gym, I headed home and had plans to once again update my old Windows computer so that I could put the tax program on it and do our taxes tomorrow. It's crazy how long it takes to start that computer, even though I've removed most everything from it. I think it's the old Norton slowing it down. As much as I like Norton Anti-Virus, I found that it had grown into a monster and seemed to almost take control of the computer to such a degree that everything else suffered because of it. I'm sure glad that I'm now using a Mac and not having to deal with all that (except at tax time). It's also too bad that the company that makes the tax program only makes a disc for Windows and not Macs. When I emailed them, they said that I could do it online, but I'm still a little leery about putting all my tax information on their website before submitting it to Revenue Canada. I guess it's just something I will have to get over, like I did when I started telephone and then internet banking. It will happen, I'm sure. Keeping that old laptop to use a couple times a year, for taxes and website programming is kind of useless.
Anyway, that took sometime to update, longer than I think it should have, and by the time it was set up and loaded, it was time to start dinner. So that's what we did. Cooked up some pork chops with fresh green beens and brown basmati rice. It's nice having a home cooked meal at a reasonable hour again. I say that because while I have been working afternoons, when we've been eating at home, it's been later than either of us like. I don't think George should have to cook every evening since he is home first, so we end up eating out a little more than we would like to. That of course, cuts into our budgets, so it's definitely not a win-win situation. It's only 3 more weeks of afternoons, then it's back to mornings, and we'll be eating more at home. That will then be a win-win situation, both eating at home and working an earlier shift.
Now we're just relaxing at home, catching up on some PVR'd shows that have been piling up. Tomorrow will be our usual Costco day, after the gym and breakfast of course. Then it will be tax time. Hopefully there will be some time to get out and enjoy the day as well, as it will likely be the last nice one for a while. They weatherman says that we should be getting back to the rain for the next week at least. I do prefer it to the cold that we were getting before. It's also nice seeing the cherry trees starting their blooms, as well as the trees budding out and starting to grow their leaves. It's just another reason I love it here. Springtime comes earlier in that respect, than it does in the rest of the country. It will only be a short time and the warm weather will follow. Of that I'm sure.
So now it's time to call it a day and just sit back and relax a bit before going to bed. So until tomorrow, have a great rest of the evening. Hopefully when I'm back here tomorrow, I'll have news of a nice refund on our taxes. See you then!
No comments:
Post a Comment