Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Silent Crash

I think I had a super sound sleep last night. I woke up this morning and when I went into the bathroom, the shower curtain and rod was laying down in the bathtub. How did that happen. It actually looks like it was placed there. I'm confused. So when George gets up, he asks me if I heard it fall last night. Nope, not a sound. Well neither did he. He only discovered it when he got up in the middle of the night to go to the washroom. I think we were both in need of a deep sleep after last week, and we got it. It seems the spring loaded holders had both cracked and finally fell down. So it must have been time to replace them anyway.

The missing shower curtain meant a bath before getting dressed and heading to the gym (George to work), but at least I got a shower in there before I had to get ready for work. Not sure what threw me off, but I left a little late for work. Still made it there on time, but I get so out of kilter when things don't go on the time I generally plan for. it just throws me off. And walking in the freezing cold this morning was not pleasant either. I was getting reports of hail in Delta and snow in Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam. Meanwhile, it was trying to rain downtown, when just before I left the sun was making an appearance. The weather is getting crazier and crazier. I do blame it on global warming. Something has to be done to fix all the problems out there, but I certainly don't expect our current government to take any honest action in that. They've proven that they really don't care and act as if nothing is wrong. Let's hope people smarten up and remove them by the time we have our next elections.

Work was work. What can I say. It will be there for just over 11 years more and then retirement. Yes. And since there really was nothing to report from there or the rest of the evening, except that our landlord had brought up new attachments for the shower curtain rod and set it up in the bathroom, I have to get ready for bed. Doing a turnaround shift and have to be back early. Will chat again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment