Friday, March 30, 2012

The Last To Go

Today I saw the last of the VSP retiree group leave the office in various stages throughout the day. Like all others, each time someone left, they were sent off with a standing ovation as they headed out the door to find their new journey in life. Lucky people. I've still got too many days to go to even think about talking about it, but let me just say that 'there is an app for that'! Karen, Catherine and my days, hours, and minutes are programmed into an iPhone app and are going down as we speak, thought not as fast as we would like.

It was supposed to be a rainy day today, but turned out quite nice, at least when I went to and from work. Like yesterday, I lucked out with the weather when I went out to and from the gym as well as to work, and received no rain. Today I never got any either way. George on the other hand, had downpours each and every time he was out walking. Would normally say it's Karma, but I can't think of anything he might have done to cause the bad treatment by Mother Nature.

As far as Fridays go for me, it was a pretty quiet one. Other than work, there was really nothing to talk about. It was another humdrum Friday. I did get a message this morning for about 5 shift trades over the next couple of weeks. That['s good. I get to finish my late shift with 50% of them being changed to early morning shifts. That will definitely be a good thing.

Now, it's time to go to bed. It will be another laundry/gym morning tomorrow, so until then, have yourself a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment