Yes, I must have needed that sleep. Instead of waking up at my normal 05h00 or earlier, I was woken by George's alarm at 05h30 and from a deep sleep to boot. I guess winding down from our dinner out last night was a little longer than it should have been. That threw me completely off schedule, and I decided I would cancel the gym as well. Not that I should, but I also knew that I would not do an effective work out if I went this morning, so will have to do something extra on the weekend.
Work was the regular chaos it normally is and just to add a little spice to the drama of the upcoming walkout by the IAM at Air Canada, we hear news that Air Canada is planning on locking out the pilots at the same time the IAM walks out. Essentially, shutting down the airline. The news set the public into a panic mode as lots of them have spring break plans over the next month, and the thought of their holidays getting messed up was not a pleasant idea. As it turned out, like the other job action that was attempted by the other labour groups at Air Canada, the government stuck their nose in and put a quick stop to any possibility of disruption. I guess their holidays were in jeopardy as well, or the thought of having to book on WestJet and not being upgraded or given lounge access was unacceptable for them too. So what started out to be exciting ended with a big dampener.
The rest of the day went as usual. Regular work day after the little fiasco, and then home for dinner, a bit of TV time and off to bed. Yes, the excitement that is my life. At least the weather was nice and warm today and the walk to and from the train was very pleasant. Of course the rain will be here tomorrow and they say it's going to be heavy at times. Still better than snow I say.
So on that note it's off to bed and will be back here Friday night to report on the day. Until then, have yourselves a great evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment