Well, today was a good day. Started off with a good gym workout. Actually did a bit of treadmill instead of the elliptical for a change. I got it to the jogging level as per the guide, but it was really only a fast walk as far as I was concerned. Also added some incline to toughen it up. Now I must admit that I didn't do it as long as I would normally spend on the elliptical, but since it was a new exercise, I felt I did pretty well. Add to that a bit of abs and weights, and a cycling and stretch for cool down, and I felt good about what I did.
Breakfast at Joe's was the next up, and as usual, it was a great breakfast. As he usually does on weekends, Victor, one of the owners, came and sat with us and had his coffee while we ate. After breakfast, it was off to do our regular 2 week visit to Costco. It's nice getting there on the earlier side, plus with the nice weather out, it was unusually quiet this morning. All the better for us as it helped get thorough nice and quick.
After getting all the groceries put away, George was set to make some banana bread, while I was getting prepared to do our taxes. I love the tax program U-File. It just makes doing both our taxes so much easier to do. Just fill in the interview (at least the stuff that doesn't carry forward from the previous filing), and add your documents information to the pages when you come to them. If there's more than one form of the same time, just add another. It's far too easy. Best of all, we both get a tax refund (I never had a doubt), modest, but a a refund is always great. Spending money for our holidays.
The rest of the afternoon had George doing some spring planting of the seeds he collected last year. He's not planting as much this year as he usually does. With our going away, it would just be extra work that our cat sitter would have to do, which he feels isn't fair to make them do. That's all right. There's always plenty of stuff out there without all the extras.
More time was spent after dinner catching up on old taped shows. I really am surprised how much we have on the PVR. I can't imagine how I did it when we had only a VCR to record stuff. All those tapes would have driven me crazy (I still have a few that do!). I also got my copy of Madonna's MDNA album sent to me to download. Now it will be a time to listen to it before the show this fall. Need to know all the tunes when she's on stage.
And with that, I'll call it a good night. It's Sunday, and the week is just beginning, so we'll see if there is any sort of excitement to report here during the week (I'm not holding my breath). Have a good one until we meet here again tomororwl
No comments:
Post a Comment