Other than the gym, breakfast, and a trip down to London Drugs, it was a nice relaxing day at home. There was a definite chill in the air this morning, more than I expected, so it was nice to be at home.
I started hearing rumours this afternoon of trouble at Aveos, the division of Air Canada that was made up of mechanics, who like Aeroplan, were spun off to a separate company. It seems that they have shut their doors, and now approximately 2400 people are out of work in Montreal, Winnipeg, and Vancouver. I keep thinking how something like that could have happened to those of us who chose to stay at Aeroplan. Fortunately we have probably stayed with the most profitable of the spinoffs as well as of the 'mother' company, so that is a good thing. I wish them well in sorting out their issues and hopefully they will be better off because of it.
I had to eat an earlier dinner today, as I have to fast for a cholesterol test in the morning. It is such an inconvenience to do this as often as I do, but I know that there is a reason for it, and I must make sure that my health is in the best order it can be. So it'll be water for the rest of the evening, as well as in the morning. Will have to wait for that cup of coffee until after I visit the lab. Luckily it's close by and I can be home in a few minutes after they take my blood. The problem is that it's Monday, and there will be a lot of people there waiting for the same thing, so I have to get there really early and just sit around until the lab opens. The things I do.
So I better get myself ready for bed. It's going to be a long day tomorrow. So will be back tomorrow, hopefully with something to tell you. Have a great night everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment