Well this morning is starting off with a real windstorm. The news is saying we're getting winds in the 70k range and gusts up to 96k. I believe it! It's just howling out there and seeing all those transformers go on the west side means it's darn right nasty out there. And the rain is coming too, so that's going to make it really unpleasant. But I guess I'll have to face it soon. Have to get ready to head out to work and that walk to the train will be interesting. Actually, I think the train ride over the 2 bridges to work will be even more interesting. i really wish they had built higher guard walls along the elevated line. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but my imagination runs wild sometimes. Anyhow, wish me luck and will be back later today after work to report.
Well, I made it in before the bulk of the rain started, and a good thing I did too. Someone was saying that when it started, it would come down sideways from the right, then suddenly change to come from the left, then back again, over and over again. The wind just made it nearly impossible to be outside without getting soaked. This went on for a lot of the afternoon, but then died down later in the day. By the time I went home, it was a small amount of rain with a bit of wind, enough to be annoying but nothing like it was earlier in the day. The weatherman says it should be back again on Thursday, maybe about about 10 to 15k lighter than today, but annoying nonetheless.
We still haven't gotten anything written from Air Canada with regards to our OAL passes yet. I talked to our union chair who said that the IAM has definitely got theirs and he was just waiting for the person who was supposed to be doing the paper work for ours to get back from holidays so that he could get some sort of confirmation in writing. I still want to see it in writing before I believe it, as dealing with Air Canada can be difficult without something to back up what has been agreed upon. The fun never seems to end. I know that those who based their decisions to stay on the promise that we would get those passes back at our 25 year mark are anxious, as some who have reached that milestone have been waiting. Fortunately mine was not based on that, but because it was a promise, I believe it should have been followed through without all the legal fighting that has had to take place unnecessarily. Silly.
And that pretty much ends the day. As my work days go, it's not a lot of time for much else to happen, as it's off to work midway through the day, then back in the evening. Yawn. Oh well, tomorrow is another day so maybe something will crop of that brings some interest to the day. So until then....
No comments:
Post a Comment