Where did the warm weather go? It was cold outside this morning on my walk to the gym and didn't get any better lair on. Excuse me Mother Nature, but spring arrived 10 days ago and you've only given us a brief taste of warmth. The one bright spot is on my walk to the gym, I have watched over the course of the last week a magnolia tree go from ready to open blooms to nice big blossoms.
It looks like a little house in the west end, when in fact it's a group of condos, and the building runs from the front of the lot right to the back. Lovely none the less.
I had to get my hair cut today. It has been growing like crazy this winter. Usually it seems to grow more in the summer, but now it seems like it's year round. My barber, Jimmy, is opening up his own barber shop soon, so instead of heading over to his place which is about 2 blocks away, I had to venture out across the downtown to near BC Place. Remember when I said it was cold this morning? Well I think it was colder now only with a breeze. Sheesh! I got to his shop, and as it's not yet open to the public, he was waiting for me there since he had already moved his chair over there. I walked in and was surprised to see how fantastic the space looked. Here was a sunken shop with super high roof, and windows all around 3 sides of the space, with an exposed brick wall on the other side. Seems the owners of the building decided that rather than waste this great space as an outdoor covered area for street people to sleep in at night time, they would enclose it and gain a new income space. It's going to be a great spot. The only issue is that there are windows on one corner area of the space that look directly into offices of the business in the building. Yes, now those offices no longer have a view of the outside, but rather Jimmy's shop. They do have blinds, but I think that Jimmy will have to do something similar on his side just to respect the privacy of all, and perhaps to add as a bit of a sound barrier when he has his music on.
On the way home I stopped by the Mint and picked up a couple of $10.00 silver coins in remembrance of the Titanic. It's a limited edition, and they had already sold out online, so was glad to hear that they were still available at the downtown store.
Tonight we are sitting at home just waiting for the end of Earth Hour. We've been sitting in the dark with only candles burning and our pre-charged laptops to entertain us. The quiet is is peaceful, and I certainly don't mind sitting here in the dark. It's very relaxing. I just wish more of our neighbours would get involved and turn off their lights during Earth Hour. I know a lot of people and business participate, but I still see a lot of lights across the street and in the downtown area. Perhaps one day the'll learn that this is a good thing to do.
Now it's time for a bowl of blueberries and then will catch a bit of TV before heading to bed. Need to catch up on some of my sleep. Until tomorrow, have yourselves a great night's sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment