Monday, March 26, 2012

Friends

Monday. What can I say about Monday. Not much. Nope, it was a quiet day both at home and at work today. This will be the last week for about 21 people in our office who chose to take a buyout package and retire. Lucky people. I know my turn will be coming, but I can't say that I don't hold a bit of jealousy for their ability to be able to leave now. Of course some of them will also be greatly missed. In particular, my friendship that I have had with Wes before we worked together in IT, Iris who I got to meet and know at IT when she came in from Air Canada, and of course Pam whom I formed a friendship with when I came back from IT. Although I was always dropping in on Wes and Iris at IT after my return to the call centre, it was with Pam who I grew the strongest bond. I'm going to miss them all. At least I know I can still keep in touch with them and am certain we will keep in touch.

I also heard from a friend tonight who I have not talked to in over 25 years. I received a message from her on Facebook, where she finally noticed after a few days, who it was that commented on her sisters page and whom I've been friends with on Facebook for some time now. I haven't replied to her message yet, but will do that tomorrow when I have a little more time. Right now it's bed time. Got to get into the gym in the morning so I need my sleep. Until tomorrow, have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment