For a Monday, today was rather uneventful. I mean, what can I say when there really is nothing of any consequence to talk about. I left my work ID at home? No, I actually did. Ooooohhhh, like I said, excitement.
Oh, I did think of one thing today. I realized that it is exactly 11 years from today that I have set for my retirement date (unless I can move it up). I've nearly completed 24 years, so all in all, I will be shy of 35 years by less than 2 months. Hmmmm, now that I think about it, waiting those extra 2 months would mean another big lump amount of Aeroplan miles dropping into my account. I may have to rethink this date. Why did that have to cross my mind. Oh well, I'll make my final decision when we come closer to the actual date. Who knows, by then I may have to readjust my numbers because our government keeps changing the rules. Curses, got to stop thinking about that now. Why do I always do that.
Back to my nothing day.
OK, that's done. No really, it's done. There was nothing else. Tomorrow brings the start of a new month. It's going quickly, and I've noticed that the leaves are pretty much fully out on our block when I look out the dining room window. How time flies by so quickly. Well, I'm going to enjoy it while I can. We only get this one opportunity to create this journey, and I want to make sure it is one that I can look back on and say, "I made the right choice". And that means my choice right now is to say good night. Bed time. Need my sleep as another day starts early tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment