Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fans

It was another quiet day today. I suspect that the rest of the week will be like this. I just looked at my calendar and don't see anything on there that could possibly lead to something new or exciting. Yes, it's probably going to be a quiet one. Sort of like the city is these days now that their hockey team was so quickly removed from the playoffs. No, that wasn't a glint of a smile you just saw, it was bigger. I talked to a couple of 'real' hockey fans the past couple of days, and they agreed with me on one thing. Their team did not deserve to win and that those who report the sports should really think about what they are really saying. I mentioned that I watched one of the local sports reports this weekend, and that the sportscaster talked about how boring the teams were to watch in the western league as none of them had ever hoisted the Stanley Cup, unlike the east, where 3 of the 4 remaining teams had. This is the same sportscaster who practically bowed to the Canucks and praised every one of their wonderful plays and how good they were. He failed to mention that if they had made it to the second round of the playoffs, they would also be one of those 'boring teams that had never hoisted a Stanley Cup'.

But I digress. I've somehow turned this into a sporting talk, and I must say that hockey is not one of the sports I can confidently talk about. I mean, I can hold my ground to a point, but I will be first to admit that there are many more knowledgeable people out there than me, so I think I'll leave the talking about their game to them.

Now, it's time for bed. Another exciting day lies ahead, or so we hope. But then again, every day that we're alive is an exciting day, as it means we get one more day to see where this journey will take us. It could be somewhere exciting and new, or like today, it could just be a resting phase in the journey. What will happen tomorrow is something we can't foresee. We can try to direct certain things, but when all is said and done, the journey is really something we have no control over. So I say make the best of it and savour every moment. We never know when it will be the last one we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment