Sunday, day of rest. Also the last day before a new work week begins. And we made a pretty good day of it. I got an early start at the gym today. That was actually nice. It wasn't as busy as it usually is when I go on Sundays, and it took only an extra 15 minutes earlier than normal. I think I'll have to plan for that more often.
And what would Sunday be without breakfast at Joe's. Yes, we are creatures of habit, but it's good to know that when we are regular customers, it is almost certain that we are well taken care of by all of the staff, including the owner, who often sits with us while we have breakfast. When I was in the hospital, they got some money together and sent it over to help pay for the TV rental. Totally unexpected and greatly appreciated. George even brought me a couple breakfasts from there just so I could feel like I was eating like a normal person again, rather than just hospital food. This will always be remembered.
We met up with our friend Jeff, and his friend Mary Ann for drinks this afternoon. It was a short visit, as he had to help his friend look at a condo he was planning on purchasing. Jeff has become a great source of knowledge when it comes to home ownership and value of purchase. He has been involved in flipping properties for a number of years now and knows a lot more than the average person. He has also become a friend who I am happy to spend time with. We've known each other for about 20 years, but only via a mutual friend. But even after our mutual friend moved out of our lives, we kept in contact, albeit distantly, but it the bond was always there.
After our visit at the pub, George and I went in for another tan to help build up our base for our upcoming holiday. It's less than 2 months away and keeps getting more exciting every day. We finally booked our last hotel accommodations. A nice boutique resort in Phuket. We chose it because of the 'Moonlight Deluxe' rooms which each have a private outdoor rooftop terrace located on the top floor of the hotel. We had waited till we were closer to our travel date to book, not for any special reason, but I just wanted to wait. It was a good thing too. Turns out by waiting, the price went down $25.00 per night so over 5 nights we are basically getting a free night. The rate also includes breakfast for the both of us and we added on transportation pickup from the airport which is about an hour away. I didn't want to have to deal with possible rogue taxis, so for $30.00, we both get our own car and driver to pick us up upon arrival. We'll arrange for the same when we go leave. I've posted a picture of the outside of the 8 rooms that are categorized as 'Moonlight Deluxe' below.
Yes, now that all the hotels are booked, I am excited. It should be a great trip.
And as usual, it's time to get ready for bed. A new workweek starts tomorrow, so I have to get a good nights sleep. So off I go. Talk to you tomorrow evening. Have a great night.

No comments:
Post a Comment