Well the day started out great. I had just left for work this morning and got a tweet saying that all the problems with the Canada Line were now resolved. That certainly made my day. Of course I had left a little early just in case, so that meant getting to work early, but that's better than late.
The day was pretty much a normal day. Nothing special happened at work. I did have people asking me questions about their iPhones and iPads which I tried to answer as best I could, but I really wish they would understand that I'm not a techie. Yes, I dabble with my own items, but I also google a lot to find out information specifically for my needs. I am more than willing to share what I do know, but when they come to me with issues that I am not personally familiar with, I do have to refer them back to the experts. I also would not want to tell someone to do something to their gadget that I have not done myself, as I worry that they may damage or lose something important. I certainly wouldn't want that, so I'll continue to help where I can, but refer them back to the tried and true methods of 'reading the instructions' or going to 'check with the experts' (not me).
I had to renew my drivers license today, so after work I took the train downtown and went to the recently relocated ICBC office expecting to spend a good hour there. I found the new location without a problem, exactly as George had directed me. I didn't see a lot of people there, in fact only two people were in the lineup. All the stations had a reader board above them with a number displayed of who they were assisting, so I looked for the machine that dispensed them and couldn't find one anywhere. So I went into the main line, got out my ID's and waited. Turns out that the person at this line, who also had number displayed above her station, was the one giving out the numbers. Perhaps they should have had a sign saying so. Oh well, I got my number and moved off to the side to wait. In about 5 minutes my number came up and after a couple of the usual questions, I got my picture taken (and retaken because I didn't like the first one), and I was on my way. I don't think I spent more than 10 or 12 minutes there. I must say that that was a first. So now I wait for the permanent card in the mail and we're done for another 5 years. Too easy.
The rest of the day was just some more housecleaning, dinner, TV, and computer stuff. Now it's time for bed, as usual, so I'll sign off and leave it there. We'll see what tomorrow brings and I'll update you here with what comes of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment