As much as I'd like to tell you some news today, there really isn't anything of interest to talk about. It turned out to be a nicer day than the forecast predicted, so that is always a bonus. Oh, we finally got a letter of memorandum with regards to the travel benefits that Air Canada promised us when those of us in 'Category 2' reached a combined total of 25 years service with Air Canada and then Aeroplan. That means in just over a year, in addition to my upgradeable passes, I will once again have access to other airline discount passes. Now I can't say that they were a deciding factor for me when I made my decision to leave Air Canada, but for many it was. I do believe, however, when they promised them in their terms for us to leave, and signed off on it, to renege it and fight it over the years was not the way it should have been done. A promise is a promise, and when it's in writing, don't try to change the facts.
There, I did have something to talk about. Now I'm going to finish up and get ready for bed. It's Friday tomorrow and I so can't wait for the weekend to start. Have a good night and see you back here tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment