Monday, April 23, 2012

Surprise!

Monday. It's going to be short and sweet today, as there isn't a lot to talk about. Oh, I think my last update on Facebook caught a few people off guard. I made it a point not to have my birthday published in the birthday calendars of my friends, so unless someone keeps track of birthdays, they may have missed mine. No, I am definitely not upset at anyone who didn't catch it before my Facebook update. I don't expect people to remember everyones birthday. I certainly can't. I have set up my Google calendar to send me reminders every year. There, my secret is out. But back to the update. I woke up this morning to find a bunch more greetings posted to my profile page and they kept coming throughout the day. I say, once again, thank you everyone for the acknowledgement. It isn't quite the big one yet, but never the less, it is still appreciated. Now we can move on to continuing the journey.

I did realize today that it is exactly two months until we leave on our round the world trip. I am certainly getting more excited thinking about the trip and wondering what to expect when we travel in a style I have never imagined I would. It's almost scary thinking that we will be treated to services that I would expect only for the rich and famous. But as I was telling a friend of ours over dinner tonight, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, and if we don't take advantage of it while we can, we may never get to do it again. That is what this journey in life is about. Being able to new and exciting things. Not shying away from things you would not normally do or be afraid to do. It is part of living and I want to be able to have the experience and be able to say that I once did that (maybe even twice).

As I said earlier, it's going to be short and feet tonight. I don't think I had enough sleep on the weekend even though when I think about it, I didn't really do a lot. I guess staying up late and getting up early does catch up to you sooner or later. Maybe that's why I nod every once in a while when sitting in front of the computer, or lying down while watching TV. So now it's time to shut the computer off and go to bed. See you back here tomorrow for another update. Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment