Thursday, April 19, 2012

Health Care

So the vet called George today, and said it doesn't appear to be crystals, but she is still concerned as she said there was an unusual amount of blood in the urine. So now he has an x-ray appointment set up for Saturday morning. At least when I came home today she never had any accidents and it appeared that everything was back to normal in the kitty litter department. We did give all the extra dry food, treats, and store bought wet food to one of our neighbours to help with her 3 cats. She wanted to pay us for it all, but we told her just to have us over for drinks one evening this summer. We're just glad someone is able to take the food on.

I also got a call from my oncologists office today. My 4 year check-up has been moved again. Originally I was to go see her in mid June, then it was changed to the day after I get back from my round-the-world trip. Now she has had to push it back to the middle of August. That's fine with me as I know if there ever was an issue to show up in my regular blood work, I would be getting a phone call to let me know. I must say that the doctors that care for my health out here are fantastic. Many people often complain about our health care system but I have certainly been fortunate in all aspects since I moved here 22 years ago. Sure, there are some issues for certain procedures and wait times can be long for some things, but both George and I must have some of the best luck, as we have rarely had to wait for anything, including when he got his MRI (only a couple days). I also am glad that we have universal health care system in Canada that we do. I could not imagine living in a country like the USA where health care is not expectation, but rather a privilege reserved for those who can pay for it. At least their current President is trying to make strides forward where everyone has access to some for of health care. I certainly hope that the Republicans come to realize that everyone deserves equal care, not just the rich.

I mentioned a couple days ago that it appeared spring was here. Well, I am beginning to think it was just a tease. It's been cool these past few days. Sunny on some of them, but cool out. Its been raining most of the evening and we're still expecting more over night. They say it will stop in the morning and we should have a good weekend. I hope they're not just joking. Mind you, with the record of weather forecasting here on the west coast, I won't be holding my breath (although I may see it when I breathe out).

And now it's time for me to get ready for bed. It's Friday tomorrow and we all know what that means. It's the end of the work week! Woohoo! So I will leave you now, and be back here again tomorrow for an update. Have a good night and talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment