Monday. Why does the week always begin with a Monday? Or is Monday just getting a bad rap because we all tend to go back to work that day. Probably, and my workday started early as I did a shift trade for today and had to get up early for it. I guess I've been working too many of the later shifts, as I'm not used to the early days again. Oh well, better get used to it, cause I'll be doing it on a regular basis starting in 2 weeks. Yay!
Other than that, the day was pretty normal. We had been expecting lots of rain today, but it never materialized so I ended up carrying my umbrella to and from work for no reason. Now they say that the rain will come tomorrow, but not as bad as was expected today. We'll have to see what tomorrow brings with that.
And that was really the day in a nutshell. Nothing happened. Oh, I did run into one of our neighbours, Gary, on the way home. I used to work with him but he retired a few years ago. Just didn't show up for work one day. We all thought he was on holidays, but nope, he just didn't want any sort of fanfare. Part of me would like to do that too, but it probably won't end up that way. We chatted for about 1/2 an hour since we hadn't seen each other for a while. Catching up with what's happening at the office and just general chat. I do wish he would get out more and not be the recluse he is. Although I do like my alone time, it is not healthy to sit at home all day long and just get out for a short walk or shopping trip only. There has to be more to ones day, especially when you're retired. He doesn't travel at all. Hasn't for years, yet he has his travel benefits plus a number of confirmed passes he has never used. Oh well, it's his choice, I guess.
So now it's time for bed. Another early morning tomorrow. Don't want to sleep in. Have a great night!
No comments:
Post a Comment