Friday, April 27, 2012

Rock of Ages

Friday dance. Yes, the weekend is here and it couldn't come any sooner. Why did this week seem to last so long? Well, it looks like it will be a nice weather weekend, so hope to get out and enjoy some of it.

I brought my laptop to work today, no special reason, just wanted to get a little more used to carrying it around since it will be coming with me on my round the world trip. Turns out it was a good thing I did. I was checking my email on my phone when I went for breakfast and noticed an email that was offering for one day until, tickets to 'Rock of Ages' for only $19.95 when they were regular $80.00. So I quickly fired up the laptop, turned on the Hotspot on my iPhone so I could have internet access and picked up 2 seats on the aisle in the orchestra seating for George and me. Sweet! We had just been talking about it last night, discussing if we should go or not. I wanted to, but really didn't want to spend a lot for tickets, but it turned out in our favour after all.

The other good news I got is that I don't have to work the Victoria Day long weekend. I was certain that my seniority would not be enough to get the day off since I had been drafted for other recent holidays that I would have deemed to be quieter than the May long weekend. But I'm definitely not complaining. Sure, I could have worked and been paid for the 8 hours as well as added another 12 hours into my time bank, but I really didn't want to. I enjoy my time away from work more and more these days. What ams I going to do with the extra day? Not sure yet. Probably not much except enjoy the weekend in the city. We have to watch extra spending (the previously mentioned tickets aside), before we head out for holidays.

The rest of the day was pretty normal. It was a good weather day, not too warm, but not cool either (other than this evening). Kept looking like it was going to rain this morning and late this afternoon, but it didn't. They also say we should escape the rains this weekend as well, so that will be nice.

Now, it's bedtime. Yes, gotta get up early for laundry in the morning. The gym, at least for me, has to be postponed for later in the day, as I have to meet a couple of people during the day, one in the early morning, and the other I'm not certain as she is coming in from the island. I'm guessing early afternoon, but will find out when she texts me in the morning. I'm meeting one of my cousins daughters for the first time. Looking forward to it. But that will be tomorrows story. Good night for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment