Hump day. Yep, made it and now the rest of the week is on the tail end. Woohoo! Whoa, put on the brakes there. When you have a sick cat at home, the day takes on a whole new perspective. I was on the way into work, when I got a text from George saying that our cat, Odessa, was having bathroom issues again. She went through a similar issue last year and the vet determined it was crystals in her urine, which is almost like a stone for us. It's hard to go to the bathroom and it's painful. Of course being a cat, we don't hear the complaints that we would from a human, and her reaction is a little different than what we would expect from ourselves. Basically she needs to go to the bathroom, and she'll try wherever she can, successful or not. Lovely. Well I was on my way to work and George was getting ready to go, so he did what he could to prep the place in case of an accident and then would call to make an appointment with the vet when they opened.
So my day at work was wondering what I may come home to. George had texted me after he was at work to say he would be leaving a little early as he had a late afternoon appointment booked. That would mean he would have to cancel his suntan appointment, but the cat is more important at this time. So after work, I got home, and Odessa was sitting in my desk chair waiting. I checked around the apartment and only saw one spot where there had been a small problem but overall, it looked good, but I could tell that it was definitely the same symptoms she had last year, meaning it had to be crystals. When George came home we got ready for the vet and when it was time to go, Odessa hopped in her cage with no problem (as usual), and off we went for the 5 minute walk. The vet managed to get a urine sample and said she would have results by tomorrow. She also advised us not to mix her medical cat food with regular food, and to not feed her any more hard cat food, only the soft stuff. So that is what it will be, and probably for life. She won't like it, but she'll have to get used to it.
And that was the day. Really. Nothing unusual at work, The evening at home was just catching the news and a couple shows. Dinner, dishes, and soon it will be bedtime. Yes, it was all about the cat today, but responsibilities must be managed and not ignored or put off. We don't need to make this journey any more difficult than it can manage to do on it's own. So since I have to still do dishes, I'll sign off and go do them. Until I'm back tomorrow, have yourself a great rest of the evening and a good nights sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment