Friday, April 6, 2012

Stat Holiday and Seniority

Good Friday! Well, yes, it is a holiday today, but I had to work anyway. I needed the extra time in my time bank so that I will have enough hours saved up for an extra weeks worth of vacation next year. So, it was off to work I went. Got paid for 8 hours, plus got another 12 hours added to my bank, putting me just over 40 hours so far in there. Now it's time to decide if I want to go for another 40. That would mean working 3 more holidays plus a little overtime. Well, I don't think it will happen. Of course, the way things have been going, I'll probably be drafted to work them even if I request them off. Twenty four years of seniority doesn't go far in a support area. Ah well.

It was nice to come home to dinner cooking, and a fresh banana loaf. George had the day off and spent time spring cleaning, as well as a little baking and cooking. Great way to end the long day at work. Once again, spending Friday night at home catching up on a little TV since we haven't been able to keep up this past week.

Tomorrow morning will start like every Saturday morning, getting the laundry done and then off to the gym. I need to get some exercise in. My body is looking forward to it right now. I'd been having trouble with my right ankle most of the week, but it seems to have eased up the last couple days, so hopefully will stay in good shape for tomorrow. We'll see. Hopefully. Will keep my fingers crossed.

So, until tomorrow, I'll sign off for the night and be back here tomorrow to let you know if anything exciting happens in my day. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment