Sunday, April 15, 2012

Heating Things Up

What was I saying about the weather yesterday? It was supposed to be similar today? They lied! I mean it did go up to 14.5 C but early in the day it was overcast and there was a cold breeze coming from somewhere that was not pleasant. This mean the jacked I wore to the gym was really not warm enough for the walk there, and I was certainly glad to work up a sweat when I got there. Even when we were out in the early afternoon picking up fresh vegetables from the market, it was still cool out. The bright spot is that we've noticed that the leaves are really filling in on the street, and when we look up at our place from the street below, there are times it is blocked by the trees now.

We started our tanning sessions this afternoon. Six minutes in the stand up machines was a nice start to helping warm up from the cool outside. I'm always amazed what such a short time in the booth can accomplish, especially as we get in a couple more sessions. I must admit that standing there while the lamps do their work and a breeze blows through while listening to music is very soothing. It also makes me feel good and relaxed when I come out. I have heard all the stories about how tanning is not good for you and do not ignore them, but I find that it is probably more responsible of me to get some sort of base tan before going on holidays, where the likelihood would be greater that I would burn without the base. Slathering myself with SPF 80's and such is not going to happen, especially when I am flying around the world and carrying any large amount of lotions would not be practical. No, I'll definitely take the pre-tan before that.

I caught a movie this afternoon that I had been saving on the PVR for a while now. 'Revolutionary Road' starring Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio. I was a little leery about the movie, having not really been interested in the movie when it was released in 2008, but I decided to PVR none the less. Well to my surprise, it was actually quite good. Not something that needs to be seen on the big screen 'good', but the story line and even the acting was well done. I'm glad I decided to save it after all.

Tonight we had decided to make vegetarian chili, hence our visit to the market earlier. Like we usually do when making chili, I play the role of sous chef, chopping all the ingredients up, while George plays chef, doing the actual cooking. He doesn't like the chopping aspect, while I just get impatient, so it all works out for us. I must say it turned out fantastic as it usually does. Just the right amount of spices and all put together without beef in the mix. I enjoy eating it knowing that it is a healthier version of chili by leaving the beef out, besides, after the tacos and meatloaf last week, I've had my fill for a while. There will be a lot of leftovers for the rest of the week, so that will be nice just having to heat up something to eat after a long day at work for both of us.

I'm writing this a little earlier tonight as I didn't want to leave it to the last minute before getting ready for bed. I don't always like to rush even though I may not say a lot. George is doing his ironing for work this week. I'm going to relax and do a crossword puzzle or two and try to catch up with the ones I've been saving from the papers. Tomorrow morning starts another work week, but this time back on my preferred schedule. I also have to make arrangements to renew my drivers license this week. It always falls in the same year my passport needs renewing. At least the expenses will be done for the next five years.

So unless I think of anything else later, that will be all for tonight. I'll update you tomorrow with the days happenings. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment