Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Reunion

Tuesday night. Why do I always wait until the last minute to write this? Probably because I want to make sure that there is nothing else going to happen before I get the chance to write about it. But of course, as you can tell, nothing really does seem to end up happening. The only things of significance today was firstly when I got to work and started setting up to start but adjusting my desk while signing in, the keyboard tray broke off the desk and landed on my legs, fortunately not heavily. I am blaming this one on the cleaners from last night. The desk already had been an issue when the previous person to me had the same thing happen to her, but only from a standing up position, so a much greater fall. They said that it was fixed, but how good, I don't know for sure. We've been waiting for at least a couple months to have all the desks in the office looked at and fixed, but for some strange reason that seems to have dropped off the priority list. Hmmmm.

The other thing of note today was getting a notification of an Edmonton ex-Wardair employee get together being planned for September this year. I would love to go, but knowing how the flights have been on that route these past few years, I'm not sure if risking going and coming back just for the party is worth it or not. I also would like to get back to see my mother sometime, but have been foiled the last few times we have tried, usually by flight loads and standby. Now that my seniority is no longer growing, there are a few people who have passed me that also travel that route, and they would bump me if seats were their normal limited selves. So perhaps I'll see if I can get an extra day or two out of it somehow. The options to get the extra time off are not my favourite choices, but will see what happens. If I could do both in the same trip, it would be great.

Now, on that note, it's one of those nights (as I mentioned), when there really is nothing more to write about. It's been a mostly overcast day with the odd rain shower this evening, so just the regular Vancouver spring glum. I'll manage with it though. I still prefer the umbrella to a snow shovel. So I'll say good night now. See you back here tomorrow, that is if you aren't getting bored with me. Hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment