I must say it was another beautiful day out here on the west coast. The sun came out and you could walk around in t-shirts and shorts (although I still chose pants). It started off a little cool, but that was expected this morning when I went to the gym, but by the time I left, it was definitely warmer. George didn't come with me today, as he had to get himself ready for his 'Day of Caring' where he was volunteering to sell daffodils to raise money for 'Cure for Cancer', a charity we are both very familiar with.
Since George was away, it became my job to bring the food scraps we have collected for the past 2 weeks, and drop them off for composting. I'm so glad we now have this available in the neighbourhood as I always felt it such a waste to throw all of those scraps in the garbage. I just wish more people would be responsible with their recycling efforts and we could probably do away with a lot of the waste that goes to our landfills. They started this service last year at the West End Farmers market to great success by the end of the season. As there were so many people interested in the program, by way of a small $2.00 donation, they have been able to have a location set up in the west end every Saturday where people can drop off their scraps. I look forward to the day they can have this in every building in the west end.
I also got out for a short walk through the neighbourhood, just to enjoy the sunshine and get a bit more exercise. It would have been a waste to spend the whole time at home while George was out. Nothing too long, but a good little walk down to my old neighbourhood and then back through the centre of the west end. Tomorrow forecast is similar to today with a short break in the day for a quick shower, but they're only saying a slight chance, and it should be for no more than an hour, likely less.
After George got home, we went out for a quick treat from Starbucks, and then dropped in to the neighbourhood tanning salon to book some times as we have to start our base tans before we go on holidays this summer. It's been a while since I've been there, but they are still as wonderful as ever. We also found out that they will be having their spring fling in early May, and because they had cancelled their party earlier this year and didn't get a chance to tell everyone, they took our names down to give us VIP treatment at the one in May. Now I'm not sure what VIP treatment means there, but I'll certainly take it if it means some kind of freebie or bonus.
The rest of the day ended up making dinner at home and again, catching up on programs on the PVR. They always seemed to back up while I was working late, so now that I'm back on day shift again, we will have lots of time to catch our regular shows as well as get rid of some of the movies we've saved.
I just looked up at the clock, and notice it's nearly time to get ready for bed again. Time always seems to fly by faster and faster as I get older. I hope I feel that way about time when it comes to working days as that would be a bonus. But I'm going astray now, so back on topic. Time for bed as another day begins early tomorrow. But that's a good thing. Chat with you again tomorrow night!
No comments:
Post a Comment