Not much today, as seems to be the norm during the week. I did run into a friend of ours who used to live in the building we are in. We briefly chatted on the way up in the elevator and I told her we were getting excited for our upcoming 'around the world' trip. When she heard this, she quickly offered to house sit for us so she could spend time with Odessa. So I told George about it when he came home from work and he contacted Teresa and it looks like it's a go. We know that Linda and Andrew were planning on doing a week each, but having the opportunity to have someone here all the time with Odessa is a little hard to resist, so I'll let George make that decision on how he wants to go.
Other than that, nothing else. Oh, I did watch the finale of American Idol on TV and am glad that America got it right this time and picked Philip Phillips over Jessica Sanchez. I can't say anything about her voice, as it is incredibly good when she sings 'diva' songs. It's like she has mastered the art of karaoke. But put her onto something original that she has never heard before, or cannot mimic, then the cracks begin to show. Philip Phillips, on the other hand, can make every song his own and he pretty much did that to all but one song this season. Kudos to him for his win. I really hope that he goes somewhere with this and doesn't just fade into the background like a lot of the Idols have.
So now I bid you good night. I'll be back tomorrow for another chat and update. See you then!
No comments:
Post a Comment