Saturday, May 19, 2012

Brunch in the Sun

All right, so I missed a post yesterday. It was bound to happen. I didn't realize it until this morning, and by then it was too late. Oh, and not like I had anything exciting to tell you about. It was just that kind of week.

This morning started out like every Saturday morning seems to start, with laundry, then off to the gym. This time we didn't go to our usual breakfast place though. Instead, we met George's aunt Jennifer who was in town from Courtney for the weekend. We had decided on going to the Fountainhead pub for a change and since it was a nice day out, we sat on the patio. Brunch with a beer, actually it was breakfast with a beer, but by the time we ate, it was brunch time. Turned out the sun was hot. My arms were getting fried, so when I finished eating, I moved over to a partly shaded seat to try to cool down. Oh, and did you know that you shouldn't leave your iPhone sitting in the sun? Seems when it gets too hot, you get a message telling you it can't do anything and needs to cool down. Who knew?

A couple beer and that was my limit today. It's usually my limit most times anyway. I haven't been a real drinker now for years and I can actually say I'm glad that those times are over. It was fun while I was young, but as a grew older, I also grew wiser and I guess more responsible. Not that drinkers are irresponsible, but I'm more referring to the fact that there are other priorities in my life.

So back to the day. What else did we do? A quick trip down to the optometrist so George could get a copy of his prescription for our trip (good to have in case you lose or break your glasses), and some contact solution for our travel. A quick trip to Safeway, and back home.

That was it. Nothing more today. We spent the rest of the day taking it easy, including a 1/2 hour nap for me. Now it's getting late, and bedtime draws near so I'll end up here quickly. Have yourselves a great night and see you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment