Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Marriage

Far too much wind last night. Started going good around 01h00 and kept rattling things around on the balcony for pretty much the whole night. I know this because I didn't sleep during much of it. And it continued throughout the day and now that it's near bedtime, it's still going on. Hello! Mother Nature, it's May, you aren't supposed to be having this much wind now. Winter is long over. We should be enjoying the May flowers, not watching them blow away.

So as you can imagine, I'm pretty tired right now and don't think I'll have much to talk about tonight. Oh, one thing I did want to mention was a big congratulations to the United States President, Barrack Obama, for finally promoting equality in marriage. After 'evolving' on the subject he has finally done the right thing and said he supports same-sex marriage.

You may notice that I've used two different terms above, one as marriage and the other as same-sex marriage. I choose to use the term marriage in my references, as that is what it is. Marriage. It is not same-sex marriage nor is it opposite-sex marriage. It is simply, marriage. Those that say it is not marriage in same-sex marriage because only a man and a woman can procreate and that is what marriage is for, have got it all wrong. By saying this they are telling the world that those who choose not to have children or are unable to have children, are not in legitimate marriages because they do not procreate. That's a sad thought, but it appears that's what they are saying.

Someone tweeted out a sign they saw today and I thought it both timely and appropriate today. I've posted it here.

It definitely is something to think about.

Now, my little rant of the day is over. It's time for bed. I want to get some sleep tonight and hope the wind calms down soon.

Have a great rest of the night, and see you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment