Thursday, May 17, 2012

On a Quest

Well today started off frustrating. I've been working to get a 'green' initiative started at work for over 3 years now, and have finally hit what I would call the final wall. I can't believe it can be so difficult to get any movement on this when it should be such a simple thing to do. Don't get me wrong. Hitting the wall did not mean the end of my quest to achieve success. Not a chance. It just becomes time (actually overdue), to bring it up not one level. Not a couple levels, but rather to the top. So after carefully constructing my case and the history of it, discussing the 'green' aspect of it and how we have not shown 'nimbleness' in attempting to achieve it, I sent off the email. Not long after I received a reply and was told they were looking in to it, and would get back to me soon. Just that simple response was more than I got from anyone before. I think I may be onto something here, but time will tell.

Believe it or not, that was my excitement of the day. It may not seem like much, but to me, it is an achievement. I was starting to get frustrated, and before that takes over, I search for a new direction to get it accomplished. I've been described as 'a dog with a bone', which is often true, but I prefer to think of it as my Taurus side taking over and being stubborn until I get what I want, or it is shown or proven to me that it cannot be done. All evidence with regard to my quest though shows that it can be done. So I will continue the battle.

Now as I mentioned, that was the excitement of my day. Nothing else happened of any importance. It's now almost time to go to bed. Tomorrow is Friday, and that means the start of a long weekend. I actually managed to get the statutory holiday off. I was sure I would be drafted to work, but no sir, I got the time granted off with pay, so I'll take it.

Now, I bid you goodnight and will see you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment