This started like any other Sunday morning. Up early, then off to the gym. It was much cooler today than yesterday. Nice. Since George didn't go to the gym, we met at Joe's for breakfast. We also decided that since it was a nice day out and everyone would likely be enjoying it at the beach and along the seawall, we would take advantage of that and head out to see an early movie.
The chosen movie was 'The Avengers in 3D'. Our plans worked out wonderfully. We got to the theatre and used our 'expired' movie passes to pay for the movie, plus the obligatory $3.00 extra to see it in 3D. They say that it is to pay for the glasses. Well, they don't want me to keep them after the show, but rather recycle them. I kind of see this as a scam, like earphones on a plane. You pay for them once and if you keep them and remember to use them the next time, you don't have to pay for them again. Oh well, at lead they now have a policy of accepting those movie passes after they have expired.
Now for the movie. Although a good movie to see, I found the beginning a little drawn out and think I may have nodded a couple times. Also, the 3D thing is completely unnecessary. Unlike Avatar where it made the experience so much better, The Avengers was just a normal movie with some 3D shots built in, none of which would have been less spectacular in 2D. So let me recommend right now, see the movie, but do not pay the extra $3.00 for 3D (or $5.00 for 3D UltraAVX).
After the movie, I wanted to head downtown to see if I could find any summer shorts to wear. I really liked the pair I bought a couple weeks ago, and hoped to find some more. Well, no luck on he shorts, but I did find a couple of shirts on sale. Normally about $60.00 each, I managed to get them for less than $7.00 each. George hit a couple of great deals as well, so it didn't turn out to be too bad. Oh, and the malls were not that busy either. Great day for shopping as well!
Got a hold of mom this evening to wish her a Happy Mothers Day. She had been out most of the day as I tried to get a hold of her earlier but there was no answer. We had a bit of a chat. Worked better to call her later in the day, as I was busy running around earlier and really didn't have the time that I wanted to spend on the phone earlier. At least by waiting, there was no rush to get off the line as I had rush off to something else.
The evening was a relaxing one at home, but I ended up going to bed later than I should have. Got to remember I need my sleep if I want to get up on time for the next day. Note to self...
No comments:
Post a Comment