Today was a Monday like every other Monday. Start of another week and that was about it. Nothing special happened at work today. Nothing special happened at home today. I did realize that in 13 months I will have reached 25 years in this job (albeit with 4 different companies). It will be a definite milestone, as there are certain benefits I get back which I had given up when Aeroplan employees were separated from Air Canada. Fortunately through the separation agreement with the company and the union, I will get my upgradeable passes back as well as access to other airline travel since I will be considered a 'retired' employee. No, I won't be 'retired' per se. Only on paper. I still have 11 more years to go before that can happen, so there is still a bit of a ride left.
But back to today. As I said, it was a pretty mundane day with nothing to report on. I'm beginning to think that everyone is going to think my life is boring, but to me it's not. I may not be doing a lot of 'outside of home things', but the moments I do spend at home are usually spent learning something. Whether it be words in a crossword, or trivia I find on the internet, or news I get in twitter, there is always something going on. Sometimes, I do admit, I have to sit at the computer so I don't fall asleep. If I lie down or sit on the couch, that can definitely spell danger.
So now that I've told you that and because I am sitting on the couch, I had better get up and do something for a few minutes before I head to bed. Have to make sure I get my full sleep in. Talk to you back here tomorrow! Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment