Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Non-Celebratory Day

Today was a day of 'non-celebration'! Not because the last Bee Gee, Barry Gibb passed away, but rather it is the day in the year when I get together with 2 of my friends who just happen to 'non-celebrate' around this time of year as well. Actually it should have been earlier. We try to have it in April or the first week of May, but due to circumstances we had to wait until today. Unfortunately one of the two others couldn't make it either, so it was just Mark and me, along with George who 'non-celebrated' at the Fountainhead pub. And even though it was raining today, it was still a good day to be out, as it was caesar Sunday, and its a long weekend, so that makes it a great one.

Now I know you're asking what is with this 'non-celebration' thing, and why is it a regular thing if you're not celebrating anything. Surely if you do this regularly, you must be celebrating something. Well, yes and no. We do get together because it seems with our busy lives and no longer living within doors of each other, its the one time of the year we try to get together to share a drink because we share a common time of the year... we all get a little older around tho time of year, but we don't celebrate it. For me, it's not that I fear aging, because I don't. I just don't see the need to celebrate the single day of the year when we have completed another year of our lives, but rather think we should celebrate every day on this journey. So we did, with a few drinks, some updating of our lives, and a few laughs along the way. It's just too bad our other friend wasn't able to make it this year. Perhaps another time later in the year.

So other than the normal weekend things, there was nothing much else to talk about today. We did our gym thing, our breakfast thing, hung out at home this evening, even had a nap earlier today (I feel better for that one as I think I really needed it). Tomorrow is Victoria day, and we'll probably just treat it like a regular weekend day. I know we plan on making homemade vegetable soup for a friend of ours who had his birthday last weekend, but not expecting much more than that for the day. So we'll update you tomorrow evening to let you know how it went, and if anything else comes up (not likely, but you never know). Have a good one and see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment