Well Wednesday has come and is almost gone. Turned out to be another uneventful day for me. I mean, there really was nothing of any note in my life that I can talk about. There was a significant event for someone else at work today, though. A lady who I first met shortly after the Canadi>n/Air Canada merger when I did a trip down to the Hastings office, retired today. I met her because I was curious to see how their office worked, and when I noticed she had a strong french accent, I started speaking a bit to her. I think that started off everything on the right foot, as when the offices merged as one, and I finished my stint in IT, she became my manager (by luck of the draw), and remained my manager until I moved permanently into the support department. It will be sad to see her go, but I know that she will have plenty to do and look forward to in her retirement years.
I mentioned yesterday that we would be going out for dinner tonight with one of George's co-workers. Unfortunately she had to change plans so it was just George and me. That was fine too. We had plans for Priscilla's and some of the great pasta they serve there. As usual, we were not disappointed. The bowls are loaded with fresh pasta and fixings. I personally love the chorizo and pepper penne in a rose sauce. As Priscilla often does, she treated us to a salad before our meal because she thinks we need our vegetables as well as the other food. She is such a dear lady and we are so glad we have made this as one of our regular places to dine out.
That was about it for the day. Nothing more to report about except that we finally got the lights in our kitchen replaced. Two of the three lamps stopped working even with new bulbs placed in them. Now we have some decorative incandescent lights that make everything better.
So now it's time to get ready for bed. I was tired this morning and think I need to get a better sleep tonight. I'll be back again tomorrow to regale you with my days events, if there's anything worth regaling you with. So see you then and have a great night!
No comments:
Post a Comment