What can I talk about today. Not much happened. I was up early for work, went in, did my job, and came home. Just a regular 'do nothing' day. More catching up on PVR stuff after work and tonight. I still have too many TV shows that I like to watch regularly. At least I know that this year, Desperate Housewives is in it's final season, and come May, I can officially take it off my list. I think that all the reality shows are what keep me watching. American Idol, The Voice, Survivor, Amazing Race, America's Next Top Model, Big Brother, and so on. Why do I watch them. I'm not always sure, but they all pull me in each season. I did skip Survivor last season, but it looks like I'll be watching this season. So that means it becomes my TV when I get up in the morning and surf the news on the net while enjoying my coffee before getting ready for work.
I've also been getting more unsolicited telemarketing calls on the home phone. It seems that the 'Do Not Call List' that we registered for, which has been sold to Canadian companies to ensure that they do not call us, have been sold to a lot of foreign companies, who are not bound by the rules of the Do Not Call List. I received two such calls this evening. One was the Bank of Nova Scotia, a company I do business with, so are allowed to call. When I asked them to remove me from their calling list, they politely said they would and thanked me for my business. The other call, a polling firm out of Tennessee (of so call display said), had called me numerous times over the past couple of weeks and in previous time periods as well, was a survey group. They were wondering about radio stations in my area. I had asked them to stop calling the other night, but they called again this evening. I once again asked them to remove my name and number from their list and they said they would. We'll see if they call again or not. If they do, I may have to discuss my thoughts on what I think about the Republican party and the lies they feed to the public while completely ignoring factual information and how they plan to make things better for their country. I'm also trying to figure out how to deal with the companies that have an automated voice on their line who tell me either about the fantastic cruise I've one and need only press '1' to speak to an operator, or the company that want's to talk to me about how I can better handle my financial debts (I didn't know that I had any debt) and can also press '1' to speak to an operator. Will my pressing '1' signal them that they can keep calling or sell my number to someone else? Will pressing '2' to remove me from their callers list just mean they can also sell my number? We'll see what happens over the next few days and go from there.
It's Friday tomorrow. I get to do not only the 'Friday Dance', but the 'Friday Start of Vacation Dance'! I really need a few days off. Yes, I've got lots to do, but having the time off will be good for me. I want to try to get in some more gym time as well as get some spring clean up done, see some movies, renew our passports, talk to our local cable company, etc., etc., etc.
So now, I'm going to get ready for bed. Morning will be early again, and we're expecting rain and wind tomorrow morning. At least I'll be heading out in the rain before the streets get too crowded. It's often a challenge walking down the sidewalks and having to dodge everyones umbrellas, especially when they are covering al parts of the sidewalk. So have a great night, and we'll chat again tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment