Let me start off by saying, I must have needed the sleep. For the past 4 mornings, I have slept in past my usual 'day off' wake up time, even when the radio was set to come on, I must have rolled over and turned it off. I guess that's a good thing. It's not a long sleep in by any means. Half an hour tops, but I guess I needed it.
Besides sleeping in this morning, I never went to the gym. We were planning to have an early breakfast, clean up, get our passport photos taken, and head down to the passport office early to avoid the rush. Our neighbour was in and out in half an hour when she went and she suggested to avoid the office break times, which was our plan too. We were maybe 15 minutes behind our planned time, but didn't think that would be a problem. Should be in and out fairly quickly. Well, by the time we got to the passport office at 1045, the waiting room was full, and the lineup to reception was already out the door. Yikes! We waited in the first line-up about 20 minutes and then were up at the counter. Everything was processed quickly there. Applications, photos, and old passports were bagged, we were given our number and told the wait would be about... 1 hour! At least we didn't need to wait there. We were told we could go out and grab a coffee or a bite to eat, so we did.
We got back about 20 minutes before our hour was up and grabbed a seat among the throngs. Looking up at the number board (we were waiting for F321), and we saw F300, an A number, and a C number. There were also B and D numbers. And the only logical order was the number part, as the letters were always in some random order. The only thing we noticed, besides the numbers going up in order, was that the 'F' series was most common until the lunch break, then the 'A' series seemed to show up more. The 'B, 'C', and 'D' were a lot less frequent (not sure why that was). Once the lunch break ended, the 'F' series seemed to pick up again. Finally, after nearly 2 hours since we got there, our number came up and off to see the Passport agent. I must say she was great! Quickly processing our stuff, telling us how long to expect before our passports arrived, that they would be separate packages, and ensuring we didn't need to use our current passports for a few days as they would be cancelled. She even had a sincere smile throughout the process. So after a a total of 2 hours and 10 minutes, we were done. Off to our next stop.
On the way to the Passport office, we noticed that a SportMart store that is closing due to building demolition, was having a sale. Forty percent off everything. Well, it was worth the stop. A pair of shoes, a hoodie, a gym shirt, and a Olympic hockey jersey left in my possession. Then off to the new furniture store on Robson, CB2, to see if we would be the lucky winners of a $500 gift card (random winner each day). Well it wasn't us. No big deal. The $500 would not have gone far there. I was not really impressed with their overpriced furniture. I mean some was OK, but not anywhere near the prices they were trying to pawn it off for. Nope, not for me.
So it was back home to drop off the stuff we did buy, and then head to the pub for a drink and a snack. We hadn't been to our local pub, The Fountainhead, for a while, so it was about time we headed over for a visit. Staff, as usual, was great. Quick service and always time for a chat. It's nice having a local place like this where you are recognized by the staff and welcomed inside. Almost like our own little Cheers, but not quite.
This evening we spent at home again. It's nice to relax there watch a bit of TV while catching up on email, RSS feeds, Facebook, and Twitter. It seems I've become more 'socially connected' than I thought I would at my age. But I do find enjoyment in it. It's a great way to keep up with what is happening around you, both near and far. It's almost like getting the headlines off the news ticker tape and then getting the opportunity to delve into more detail thru the link(s) if you find something of interest. How did the world manage before this? We did, but I certainly still wonder how we did it. Newspapers are getting to be like history books nowadays.
And with that, I'm going to let the world create some more news for a few hours while I get some sleep. Tomorrow morning is definitely a morning I want to get up early and head out to the gym. Gotta get in some cardio and try out the new protein powder. They say it is good for both weight gain and weight loss, depending on the individual. I'll see how that goes. Hmmmm. So good night for now. See you all back here tomorrow, I hope. Have a great nights sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment