Well, round one of vacation is over, and it was back to work today. Was I excited to be going back to work? Not really. I mean it would certainly be nice to see some of my co-workers again, but as far as going back, the excitement is not really there anymore. The job has lost its sparkle, and with all the changes that keep happening to our department, it seems that they are trying to find ways to make us more frustrated and disinterested in what we have been doing. The changes they keep trying to throw at us have no regard for truly fixing the issues that do exist (and there are issues), but rather a reactive response that really is not dealing with the true issues. And when you try to tell them that, it seems to go nowhere. Very frustrating indeed. I guess I'll just have to keep focused on that future retirement date, even though it is still further away than I would like it to be.
I hate to say it, but that really was my day in a nutshell. Nothing unusual happened before work, and nothing unusual happened after work. I am working my own shift for a few days and just waiting for my co-worker to get the OK to do some more shift trades. Working the later part of the day is really not as productive as I would like to be. That's a whole other issue, but I won't discuss it at this time. Perhaps leave that for another day. I just hope that we can get some trades in sooner rather than later. The only positive right now is that a shift bid is happening and we will be on new shifts by mid-April. With any luck, I'll get something a little better than what I have right now.
So on that note, until tomorrow, have a great night and talk to you later.
No comments:
Post a Comment