Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fog In, Fog Out

Well, I'm not $50 million dollars richer. Nope. Not even a free play. Well, you can't win if you don't play, so I'll have to try again. In the meantime, it was another gym morning. Although I could have done better, I did increase some of the weights from previous visits so that made me happy.

After the workout, we met one of George's old work colleagues for breakfast at the usual stop. George had arranged to give her some old beading kit stuff that he had dug up during a purging session in the spare room. Better to see it go to someone who can use it than throw it away, I say.

It was a beautiful sunny day here, for the most part anyway. While it was bright and sunny up above, we had fog banks rolling in and out of English Bay right into False Creek. This was most of the afternoon and into the evening.

It was a beautiful sight, especially when the fog bank was rolling into False Creek and you could see Burrard Bridge disappear, yet also see bright sunshine above the bank. This photo was a shot from the bedroom balcony out towards English Bay.

We took another step in our planning for our big holiday later this year. Our hotel in Prague is now booked for our stay. Got a good deal for high season, and I am quite happy with our choice of hotel and location. Only 0.3 km from Wenceslas Square and right downtown near the river. We're still looking for something in Phuket, but are holding on a little longer for that. As I may have mentioned before, we were looking for something in either Kata or Karon (which we had found something that looked good), but now a friend of mine has pointed me back towards Patong and a couple of nice little boutique hotels. I was hesitant about Patong because of the party life and the sex trade there, but am learning that these can usually be avoided for the most part, but will always be around the corner for those who are looking for it. I'm glad to say that we're looking for neither, so we have taken that into account in our planning.

The planning is the toughest. Trying to put everything together is always a challenge. We've got the flights (albeit we've had a couple schedule changes already). Hotels are now booked in 2 cities. We have to look at transpiration to and from the airports, as well as planning what we would like to see and do while we are there. Unbeknownst to us when we booked, we didn't realize we would be in Montreal during St. Jean Baptiste, one of the big holidays there. I'm not sure what quite to expect there, but I will let my friend Jean know we will be there then and I'm sure he'll have lots of info for us. Could be crazy.

Prague and Phuket will be new to both of us. The history surrounding Prague will be on our list for exploring. Perhaps trying out a local brew in one of the bars. Phuket will be relaxing and possibly some shopping, although I'm not sure what we would be shopping for. Time out by the water will definitely be on the list as well. Going to one of the islands may be in store as well, although I have to remember that George can't swim, so if there's skin diving or swimming involved, it may not be worthwhile doing.

Overall, it will all be a new journey for both of us. I'm looking forward to it and it's still a long way off, although I think it will come up faster than I think.

So now, it's time to get ready for bed. have another early day at the gym tomorrow and a Costco run. It's Superbowl Sunday and that means Madonna at half time. Oh, and there will be commercials to watch too! I'll probably PVR it and watch when we have the time. It will probably be a movie day since most people will be out watching some silly game where people throw a ball at each other. Yawn. So on that note, have a great rest of the night and will talk to you tomorrow. Oh, and the fog is back in again!

No comments:

Post a Comment